First off, I want to start by saying how thankful I am to have such amazing friends and family in my life! It's all about choices and finding those wonderful people that let you know they will always be there for you and have your back.
This week I want to talk about something that all of us women need to do and that is not only learn to accept ourselves but give ourselves permission to love who we are and ROCK IT!
Your probably thinking, well thats tough because "this person said I am too loud, so quite, not good enough, too smart, not smart, too outgoing, not outgoing, way too boring,"......the list can go on and on.
STEPS TO SELF LOVE:
1. FORGET about what others say or think about you if it isn't kind. It has nothing to do with who you really are, it is a small perception of what they want you to be. Once you understand this, you can allow yourself permission to just be you. Shine as bright as you want, and if you hear something negative move on!
2. STOP the competition. Remove yourself from anyone that tries to make you feel less then what you are. When we get to a certain age and have children of our own, it is our responsibility to lead by example. Think about it, how would you feel if your son or daughter was being bullied at school for the way they dressed, talked, looked, or lived? The tolerance and excuses would not be there. If we can lead by example and have compassion for each other as women, we can teach the up coming generation of children that cattiness and judgment is a thing of the past.
3. SUPPORT, encourage, and accept one another. Don't get me wrong, you will not always find a connection with every single person you meet, but kindness can win over any negative comments or feelings.
4. HAPPINESS is the key. When do you feel the happiest? Start thinking about who you are around when you feel this way. What are you doing? Where are you? These are hints to discovering the true you, without anyone telling you how to act or live your life. It's up to you. Never give anyone the power to make you doubt yourself.
5. ACCEPT your flaws. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. The people who love you and accept you are the people you want by your side and in your life. Be you......however fun, crazy, shy, quite, outgoing, serious, whatever it is! Embrace your personalty and ROCK IT!
You are an amazing person. Know this, feel this, and believe this.
Thanks for stopping by!
What do you want to talk about next week!? Let me know,
Lots of Love,